Monday, December 04, 2006

The Hot List - Week of December 6th


Damn that's a lot of comics.
A lot of good comics too.
DC
52 Week #31
All-New Atom #6
Batman Confidential #1
Detective Comics #826
Exterminators #12
Jonah Hex #14
Justice Society Of America #1
Manhunter #26
Mystery In Space #4
Nightwing #127
Outsiders #43
Superman Confidential #2
Tranquility #1

Image
Invincible #37
Nightly News #2
Walking Dead #33

Marvel
Agents Of Atlas #5
Doctor Strange: The Oath #3
Incredible Hulk #101
Irredeemable Ant-Man #3
Marvel Holiday Special 2006
newuniversal #1
Uncanny X-Men #481

I'm burnt out on Batman: Year One stories, but I'm still going to give Batman: Confidential a look, but it's on a short leash/

No exaggeration, Justice Society of America may be my most anticipated title this year. It feels like I've been waiting for it for years.

Manhunter returns with a lot of DC's marketing muscle behind it and about as much support from the creative community as any major label book ever. Will it be enough? I hope so.

By popular acclimation I'm picking up Nightly News. I'm still not sure what it's about.

newuniversal is the kind of major label work Warren Ellis was made for. A blank slate, realistic world with lots of super science. The 'no capital letters in the title' thing is still stupid, though.

2 comments:

Brit said...

I'm enjoying The Nightly News quite a bit, although the 2nd issue seemed a little weaker than the first. I guess that could be attributed to a sophmore slump idea. I'll be watching out for whatever Hickman's next project will be after he finishes this run of 6.

I also picked up newuniversal - curious to see where Ellis takes it...I got out of comics right before the first time Marvel tried the whole New Universe idea.

The White Event.

Anonymous said...

Nightly news is great! I also recommend Justice League! Cheers!