Monday, July 03, 2006

The Hot List

DC COMICS:

52 WEEK #9
ALL NEW ATOM #1
DETECTIVE COMICS #821
JSA #87
OUTSIDERS #38
SECRET SIX #2 (OF 6)
SUPERGIRL #7
TEEN TITANS #37
Y THE LAST MAN #47
I'm really looking forward to All New Atom. A concept by Grant Morrison, written by Gail Simone, starring a bunch of science geeks. I'm in the minority since I like Byrne's art, but only when he isn't phoning it in. I'm buying JSA more out of inertia than anticipation. Paul Levitz' run has been awful. The relaunch can't come soon enough. Teen Titans is another title that is beginning to really suffer due to chronic lateness. Renato Guedes' art in the OMAC section of Brave New World was almost enough to make me pick it up. Almost. Did you know that Bruce Jones is writing more books (4) than Geoff Johns, or any DC writer, at the moment?

MARVEL COMICS

ARES #5 (OF 5)
INCREDIBLE HULK #96
THING #8
UNCANNY X-MEN #475
The start of the 734th X-Men revamp in the last decade. Will this one be any better? I don't know. Brubaker is already one of the best in the business, and X-Men - Deadly Genesis was fun. BUT. When was the last time three X books were good at the same time? At least Wolverine isn't on all 3 teams like in the last revamp. Planet Hulk continues to impress me, but not as much as The Thing.

Technorati technorati tags:

No comments: