Sunday, November 26, 2006

Review Time - Week of November 22st

Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #5 - I still like this series but damn it's starting to get repetitive. How many times have the Freedom Fighters had their heads handed to them only to be saved at the last moment by a prospective new member. Acuna's are is also becoming really inconsistent. Some panels and pages look awesome, others look horribly rushed.

Runaways #22 - No I don't think BKV is really going to go there with Chase and Nico, but just for a moment I did, so that last panel did it's job. And how can you not love a book that contains this picture.

(Pirate Werewolves, although Molly calls them Werewoofs)
Punisher War Journal #1 - This may be a sign of the apocalypse. I read a Punisher book, and I liked it. When I was a comic readin' kid I was pretty much the only one of my peers that didn't love The Punisher. But some friends comvinced me to pick this one up more for Matt Fraction that Frank Castle. I'm glad I did, because for the first time ever The Punisher was fun. Yeah he's still a violent ass but now he has a humorous internal monologue and gets attacked by a swarm of tiny Iron Man robots. Punisher purists will probably hate the book, but that's why Marvel still publishes Punisher MAX.

No comments: