Monday, October 09, 2006

The Hot List - Week of October 11th

DC
52 Week #23
Fables #54
Firestorm The Nuclear Man #30
Gen 13 #1
Green Arrow #67
Green Lantern Corps #5
JLA Classified #28
Martian Manhunter #3
Tales Of The Unexpected #1
Worldstorm #1

Marvel
Annihilation #3
Civil War Front Line #7
New X-Men #31
Thunderbolts #107
Ultimate Power #1
Ultimate X-Men #75
Uncanny X-Men #479

Another light week. My wallet says 'Yay', my sense of wonder and anticipation says 'Yawn'

Worldstorm is the semi-relaunch/revamp of the Wildstorm Universe. I don't know all that much about the WSU other than The Authority and Captain Atom - Armageddon but with the talent DC is putting into this relaunch I have to at least give it a shot.

I'm done with Civil War: Frontline. The whole series to date has bugged me, but the last one pissed me off to no end.

New X-Men has been a very pleasant surprise. When Yost & Kyle took over I thought it was going to turn into Little Miss Wolverine and her Amazing Friends, but they've managed to keep the entire team in the spotlight. I still think the student massacre a while back was excessive, but the rest of the run has been a lot of fun.

Ultimate Power lust looks like a lot of fun. This may be heresy to the ol' comics blogosphere but I like Greg Land's art. Its cheesecake-y and Land does make his characters look a lot like real celebrities, but its still beautifully drawn. Is he an all time great penciller? Probably not, but I still enjoy his work.

No comments: